Monday, March 23, 2009

Tsali doesn't Tsuck

Another day of riding on the Zaskar. I like the bike more and more. It really handles well. I think I saw that daledadick guy today while we were riding at Tsali. He was kinda' far off the back since I forgot my sandbags today. Oh well, maybe we'll see him again tomorrow. Almost 4 hours worth of riding today. The guy at the bikeshop was really bagging on Tsali because it wasn't technical enough. He said the locals all don't like it and HIS trails (Pisgah) are waaay better. I enjoyed the trails today. Fast and flowy with plenty of stuff to keep the focus on the trail. A lot like home with longer climbs. And warmer weather.
Tonight we found a super good restaurant and I learned a lesson. The half a rack of ribs is waaaay bigger in North Carolina than in Wisconsin. I shouldn't have gotten the pulled pork with it. Or the sweet potato fries. Or the red beans and rice. Don't worry, Mark. I took pictures but I don't have the usb cable along. I'll make sure you see them. I'm hoping to hit up the Hot Dog King one day soon. They advertise 10 for $10 and $2 footlongs after 3pm! Delicious. The talk is attacking Mt. Mitchell tomorrow on the road. I guess it's a 30 mile switchback climb up. We'll see. That may just equal 10 hotdogs worth of climbing. Yes, Jerry. There is a direct conversion from kj to hotdogs. I worked the math.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see photos of footlong hotdogs! And what the hell, half rack of ribs? You kiddin' me?

    ReplyDelete