Friday, March 27, 2009

We got wettened

The past two days have been a learning experience for sure. In Wisconsin when it rains it is almost impossible to ride. Here in N.C. it stays very much rideable and really fun. Other than the fact it was only 50 degrees and just a little bit chilly if we weren't riding it was great. The water was running down the trail and the bikes were making all kinds of ugly noises from the grit in places that should be grit free. We rode in the Dupont state forest yesterday and checked out some waterfalls. I almost became one of the many casualties that occur from falling in waterfalls every year in N.C. The first crash on the Zaskar was a wet one. Today we rode the Trace Ridge Trails and had some sweet climbing and super cool descents. Rocky, rooty and wet. Lisa was amazing. At one point she was ahead of me and just rippin' these drop offs and rocks and roots and I was actually getting kinda' nervous at the speed. Then I hear her say " no brakes!" and I was all like quit bragging. Then she finds a somewhat level spot and throws herself at some small trees. Then I realized she had no brakes. Regardless, it was cool. A minor brake adjustment and we were on our way. Probly' the most fun I've had on a rainy ride ever. Great trails. Looks like the last ride on this trip as rain is in the forecast tomorrow and we have to head back. Hopefully some pictures to follow. I still have to get to the Hot Dog King.

2 comments:

  1. I always figured Lisa had the best skills in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better have hit the King or I'll be pissed!

    ReplyDelete