Sunday, March 27, 2011

My apologies

to the State of Texas. It was sunny and in the 80's for the past week and now that we're here it's only going to be in the 50's and rain. That's very typical for us when anyone from our family comes down to visit my Dad. Yesterday was decent (85 deg) but today it's cloudy, spitting rain and 51 deg. Oh well. It started raining right when we left for our ride but thankfully it stopped after 15 minutes or so. There are 2 separate trail systems within easy riding distance from my Dad's house, so we started out at Squabble Creek. It was our first ride on our new bikes and they were amazing!!! I've been fortunate in that every new bike I get seems to be better than the last. However, this years Epic absolutely blew me away! I don't know what they did different but it worked. Acceleration is so quick coming out of the corners, I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Lisa was riding so dang fast I was working to stay with her right up to the point where she drilled a tree. We were still rippin' along pretty good after that as well but the taste of the tree (not literally) ratcheted the intensity down just a bit. We had to ride on a pretty major road to get to the other trailhead and, of course, I got us lost but we made it. Good times for sure. Hopefully it won't be our last MTB ride here this year as a few more days like this would be all kinds of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment