Sunday, April 10, 2011

Marriage is still on

It may have been touch and go for a while. I told Lisa we could ride to Richland Center and back and it would be about 4 hrs. Well, we arrived at the Kwik Trip in 2:45, not exactly the 2 hrs I had planned. I guess the GPS I was born with didn't calculate properly. So after a bottle fill up of Dr. Pepper and a bag of BBQ potato chips we were off for home. So I says to Lisa, "We're going to be close to 100  miles today." Silence. Suffering. Mild bonking. We rolled into Denzer at 96 miles and had a decision to make. I knew what I was going to do but Lisa surprised me when she said she was good to go for finishing up with the 100. It was ugly, not real smart but in the end it was done. Not a real huge feat as far as riding goes. Some people do 100 miles all the time. I don't. Lisa don't, it was her 2nd one ever. It's really just a meaningless goal that means something to people who care about that sort of thing. Bottom line is race results, I guess. I sure don't know how I'm going to pull off that NUE race!

1 comment: