Friday, April 1, 2011

Northshore (Texas)

Our final MTB destination was pretty cool. A big loop around the park along with a few wrong turns took us about 2 hrs to do. Lots of cool trail including Lisa's first big drop. We were ripping downhill and I saw the drop coming but it didn't look different until I was over the edge. It was a little different as it was sheer cliff for about 2 feet then the slope. Lisa was right behind me and ended up rolling it as well. She didn't think it was as cool as I did, even 10 minutes later. Maybe it's a guy thing but anytime I'm with guys, after stuff like that happens we tend to get pretty pumped up after the almost dead shock wears off.
  So today we'll do a little ride and then start packing for the ride back. I promised everyone that we will never do another 7 hrs straight (Emporia, IA to Dallas, TX) like we did on the way down. How amazing was that feat? Add onto that we consisted of 1 male, 1 Female and 2 kids under the age of 8!!! We would've made it all the way to my Dad's if there hadn't been an accident and the ensuing traffic jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment