Friday, April 10, 2009

It's just watts

Zone 5 is so much fun. The efforts are more like riding through a tunnel that you can see the light at the other end. It's kinda' hard but short and much like Lisa has to, I can deal with that. I finished up that block of training and ended it by riding with Jordan the neighbor girl for a half hour real easy. 2:45 and today my legs are telling me the effort was harder than I thouight. Towards the end of my ride I came across this guy pedaling about 17 rpm into a headwind. I saw him come to a stop and start again in the same hellacious gear. I chatted him up for a bit and he never shifted. Maybe his "comfort bike" wouldn't shift. He can't ride a "race bike" like mine because he gets too stretched out. He does the same 12.3 miles 3 times a week. ?!... Well, at least he rides his bike.
On other news, we got our check back from Chequamegon. First time I didn't make the lottery. The 6 bastards in front of me that kept me from the automatic entry hopefully got in. Maybe next year. Of course I probably would have won the fat tire this year had I gotten in. We'll never know. So the O2S becomes the race. Oh, and the Breck Epic of course. Anyone who would like to come out and wrench for Jerry and I would be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment