Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Circuit of Sauk Episode 2: Meat Attack

I feel like I got hit with 200+ lbs. of Meat. I let the group go a couple of times to see if I could catch. The first climb up Golf Course wasn't bad and I reeled everyone in and kept on it. Then I let them go again on Summit while I talked to Lisa and Helmi. That wasn't as smart. There were some guy's who can really flex their descending muscle in that group. I passed most everyone on the climb just after turning on to Pine Bluff, everyone but Meat. I knew if I couldn't catch him before the descent it would be really tough to reel him in. I didn't catch him. He was still 50 meters ahead at the bottom and I was doing all I could to catch and he was coming back oh so slowly. Anyone who has raced here knows how the finishing straight is. So with not much to go I launche a painfully slow sprint(?) on him. He looked back and saw me stand up, he tried to go and Cracked, like an Egg. Thank you, Jesus. We rode down Deadman's Hill into Rock Springs and then I left the group to go home. Nice night, great ride.
Meat is murder.
Well, for most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment