Monday, May 4, 2009

Circuit of Sauk Episode 3: The End

So it was pretty good. Saw some familiar faces like Nathan Guerra and Seth Lens, Melcher and the regulars. A beatiful day! There were 302 riders, some from Thunder Bay Ontario, Pennsylvania and other exotic locations. By exotic I mean not from Wi, like the way Zebra Mussels and the Emerald Ash borers are exotic. So the race was sweet, I followed Mark's advice and it turned out pretty ok. I achieved my goal of staying on Melcher's wheel although I added my own twist by putting him in the ditch. The first time up Golf Course Rd. I was pretty sure the Subway was on time for a stop in my mouth but it stayed down. Managed to stay on the whole race and finished somewhere in the top 10 of the Masters 1,2,3 race.
Sunday we said goodbye to the weekend guests and headed to Devils Head to do some more trail maintenance. Got all the trees cut out of the way and even added some trail! A nice technical trail between mid mountain and the top. Now it will be easier to do a loop and brush up on sketchy descents. Kylie put on another couple miles riding around the parking lot. Another A+ weekend.
Looks like maybe we'll hit up the Stump Farm race next Saturday if the rain isn't excessive. Sounds like it could be a WORS reunion up there.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is that when it comes to Krayer and myself, he's going into the wall. I'm not saying that I won't have lunch with the guy...
    I think it's now officially time to turn our backs on road racing for a while in favor for something in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to put that Melcher guy into a ditch. Or maybe a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's one thing I can check off my list. I didn't even use The Elbow.

    ReplyDelete