Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finally

A Tuesday Night Ride with shorts and short sleeve jersey vs. arctic wear. Gotta like that. I rode to the ride and met the group en route to the La Rue Denzer La Rue race course. This course ROCKS!! I would do it and sacrifice Iola but Kylie's dance recital is at 2 pm and it wouldn't be prudent. (Thank you, Church Lady.) Mark needs help working the course anyway, so I'll do that. Back to the ride. Sam, Erik and Meat were in full effect and the pace was perfect. I tried helping Mark as much as possible and stayed back with him up Freedom Rd. He was breathing so hard I was getting a little randy, then I thought I heard and "uh-oh" between gasps. At the top I asked him about that and he did have an "uh-oh" moment. He felt pain in his chest and thought the big one was coming for a second. Turns out it was his chest complaining about all the gasping. So we kept rolling and had a great ride. I flatted in La Rue and the tire did not want to come off the rim. I was about ready to indulge in some New Glarus Coffee Stout and call it a ride when Mark succeded in ripping the tire off, and we were on our way. We managed to get the first mosquito bites out of the way, too. I'm glad to see they're back. Back to Meier's to finish up the night with food and wine. That's a great capper to a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment