Saturday, May 9, 2009

You can't win a race at the start....

But you sure can lose it. Why is that so hard for me to figure out? With as many races as I've done and how many times it has happened to me it should be obvious. At least it was a WEMS race and not at the WORS opener. Melcher was definitely faster today anyway. The course at the Reforestation Camp was awesome and had very little mud after all the rain. It was fast and fun as the races here usually are. I apologized to my bike for not finishing as well as it deserved in it's first race. It was the rider's fault but 3rd place is ok, I guess. Of course with Lisa winning the women's field she's already one up on me. She finished up with 4 laps and came across with a few minutes to spare. Very nice. A special thanks to the rain for not showing up. Another to John Lirette for breaking his chain twice.
It was good to see some more Summer Friends at the race, too. Hibernation termination is almost complete, as it ends next weekend. Hopefully I'll have both legs working.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps recovery this week and a minor tweak of the bike fit will get you better prepared for Iola and beyond. Pushing big gears with the leg muscles not cooperating might dig the hole deeper. Friendly advice. Remember when I had a better WEMS race at Levis last year and then you stomped me at Eau Claire. I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete