Tuesday, May 19, 2009

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Yet another WORS season starts. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of racing a WORS race or being at an event, it's the closest thing to a Super high end race I've been to. Not that I've done a World Cup race or anything but it's very well run. Don's on the microphone, timing is well run, results are quickly posted (at the event and online) and the race starts are on time 99% of the time. The music at the start is nice, too. Anyway, My main goal of being able to finish the race was accomplished. I wasn't sure if the body was going to let me so I was erring on the side of doing less during the race knowing that this race will hopefully be a 5 for points at the end of the year. The start was crazy as usual with my last row slot. Didn't make it to the front. Went as hard as I felt I could and had a pretty good race. Ended up 16th overall and 1oth for Cat1's. Iola is a great place to race. Lots of fun trail and plenty of room to pass. Now I just have to figure out how to stay on Melcher's wheel.
Saturday's plan is to race the 6 hour race at the Northern Kettles. New trail for me so that should be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment