Monday, August 30, 2010

The Breaking Point

I pretty much found it last night on the way home. If you've traveled with me you know it can be mentally taxing. Well, maybe even if you haven't traveled with me you know that. Anyway, we had been in the car for about 2 hrs and Jordan and Lisa were, well, sick of me. Jordan had her head in her hands trying to keep it together from listening to me and the DVD the girls were watching for the 4th time, Lisa was all done with me as well. I suggest going to Culvers for a post race celebration scoop of custard. Minimal effect on getting back out of the abyss I've put myself in. Ordering what everyone wanted turned into a major production and I'm falling deeper into said abyss. We pull up to the window to get our goodies and I'm all like "haaaaaaayyyy" to the girl and everyone busts out laughing, tears and all. It was great. I came rocketing out of the abyss into rock stardom in no time flat. Damn I'm smooth. Custard was good, too.
So sometimes when the girls are too loud we play this game where we see who can be quiet the longest. Great game. If you know Jordan you know how little she tends to talk. Sometimes we go 2 hrs in the car and don't hear a word out of her. Put her in the Who Can Be Quiet game and she cracks like an egg! She was the first one out and she wasn't very happy about it either. LOSER!
Oh, we raced this weekend too. Went better than expected for me. 5th place overall. Another great showing by Lisa with yet another 2nd place. Kylie won the kids race. Thanks to the Team for another great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Come on, That was pretty damn good Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should flip roles someday. Holy cow. Our lives are so different. Not that either one is bad, just very different. Thanks for amusing me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flipping roles wouldn't include the wife.

    ReplyDelete