Sunday, May 1, 2011

WORS family reunion

It's like going back home. The first race is always a great day regardless of results as we get to see a lot of friends we haven't seen for a few months. Iola is a great course and it was perfect even after all the rain we got. Pretty good day for The Team, the ladies showed us how it's supposed to be done and Mike and Darrin held up their own. The same can't be said for me yet but I'll come around. It's good to have one race in the legs and know I can at least still finish! The new S-Works Epics are amazing and worked perfectly all day. It's nice to finish up a race and not have wicked back pain.
     On another note, who would have thought the wind would ever be a factor at Iola? Jeezaloo it was wicked in some spots. As if the climbing wasn't enough to deal with. The temperature was another wonderment. I knew it was a little on the cool side when I saw some kid with his back tag pinned to his winter jacket!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment