Saturday, May 14, 2011

You never want

  To answer the phone and hear your Wife say "We're ok but I'm in the emergency  room." Especially when I you live in Wisco and your currently just south of St. Louis. Kelsey came up to Lisa and said she had a headache and her stomach hurt, then dropped to the floor quit breathing and turned blue. She came to after what I'm sure felt like hours to Lisa, the ambulance was on it's way and they were off to the Hospital. They didn't find anything wrong, really. So on Monday she get's to have a CT Scan and more tests. Scary stuff for us. Thanks to Grampa for picking them up and bringing them home.
   So, while Lisa was dealing with all that, I was down doing the NUE race in Arkansas. The events at home were weighing on me a bit but I let it rip as best I could. It was pretty wicked. We had 3 people with flats on our 7 mile pre-race! The race outlook changed a bit after that. Today, Chris flatted 5 times (yep, 5), Scott twice and Michelle, Sara, Lee and I somehow managed to avoid the seemingly inevitable and finished without any. I had to use a pump at a checkpoint but that was it. The course was wicked, lots of rocks, 3 deep creek crossings ( Lee took a swim at one of them), lots of mudholes and did I mention rocks? There were some really fun sections, very little doubletrack and a lot of rocks. I went through 10 bottles of heed plus most of my camel back, 5 flasks of Hammer Gel, 3 bars, 2 pbj's and a bunch of Sport Legs and Endurolytes. The gastric distress is at an all time high tonight. They were really slow on the results so we left before they were posted. I guess I was somewhere around 10th, give or take.
   Thank you Chris and Michelle for putting up with me and for bringing me along on the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment