Monday, September 14, 2009

That was....

interesting? What a fun race. I actually felt like I was racing yesterday. The singletrack was awesome and I moved up instead of backwards most of the race. I got to see Chris P. throw up more times than I've seen my kids do it. On lap 3 at the bottom of a steep, short descent towards the end of the lap, someone totally squashed a chipmunk. That brightened the rest of my race since I figured I was doing better than that little fellow. He progressively got flatter and wider each lap. A big thank you to Landon for taking care of my first ever thumb-forearm cramp. I'm pretty sure I was the only one with cramping issues yesterday. (does the implied humor work in a blog?) Nice work by Lisa, too. She ended up 4th on the day.

3 comments:

  1. Chipper looked like how my legs felt. Still loved that course and Lisa sure looked strong right until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's those damn tall socks that she's wearing. Did she sleep with them on?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is she still wearing her kit :-)
    Nice race slacker. You still have it; even in your advancing age.

    ReplyDelete