Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It wasn't "Epic"

but I did ride around the lovely White Bear Lake today. It was raining and about 48 ° outside but that's much better than riding the trainer with nobbbies in the hotel room. I got to see things in White Bear Lake I hadn't seen the 3 times I'd been here before and I liked it. I also happened upon a road sign that informed me I was a mere 11 miles from Stillwater. Now, I didn't get to take the river down there or ride a pack of dogs when I got there like Johnny Cash or Soundgarden did. I did, however, get to have a fantastic dining experience at Mad Capper. The raspberry drizzled pork loin with smashed potatoes and some fantastic toasted bread was amazing. Then there was the beer list. I opted for the Schell's Roggenbier, a fantastic wheat and then I sampled a Maredsous Dubbel . I've never had such a flavorfull and delicious beer. Where can I get some? I also sampled the TRIPLE KARMELIET and found it quite remarkable as well. It would sure have been nice to have shared this with Lisa, especially since our anniversary is tomorrow and I'll be in White Bear Lake. Alone. With myself. Oh, well. Next year will be 10 years of wedded bliss. Of course one could say that for me, being ignorant is bliss. Or something like that. Of course, it's not all bad. I can still make her laugh somedays. See.






I'm so classy.

1 comment: