Monday, July 5, 2010

Firecracker 50 Explosion!

Well, I did anyway. The course was amazing although on the first lap as I was riding said amazing trails I couldn't help but think that I had to ride all this stuff again! Holy crap! I managed to finish the race but it was far from pretty. 13th place wasn't exactly what I had hoped for but it is what it is. Everyone had a good time especially Michelle and Lisa who took 2nd in the Women's Duo. Lisa was in a two up sprint for 2nd at the finish. I missed it as I was in line getting us beers when it happened. Yes, the us was Lisa and I. I saw her coming down the switchbacks to finish following what I thought was a guy and then turned out to be the girl in 2nd place. So it was another good day of riding bikes. Now we get to ride for fun!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good overall. Elevation, acclimation.., all play a role. Good for the flatlanders to come in and race fairly well.

    ReplyDelete