Monday, July 12, 2010

Time to breathe


So we got home on Friday night in time to unpack and reload to drive up to Eau Claire for the Firecracker. We got to race a race named The Firecracker 2 weekends in a row, isn't that special? I'm especially thankful that I was able to finish the 2nd race not feeling like I did in the photo from the 1st one! Holy cow, that was a whole different kind of pain. I must have gained some red blood cells or something at altitude as I was feeling pretty good yesterday. My second best ever finish at a WORS race as I pulled of a 4th here. Craaazy. Fun race with lots of fun singletrack and enough open area to allow passing and playing catch up. The last stupid rock pile we had to ride through allowed me to pilot my sweet ass bike over the stupid sharp loose rocks faster than the guy who attacked the last 1/2 lap and I got a pretty good gap to going into the finish chute. Still not with the Big Dogs but I may be inching closer. Now it's time to recover from vacation and back to work. I have to start playing the lottery more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment