Monday, June 28, 2010

Mt. Morris

A great weekend all in all. No one died, lots of tongue in the ear hot racing action, hanging out with friends and some podium time. We took up residence at the Peariso's again starting Friday night. It all started out ok and then Sarah showed up and brought this guy from Austrailier along with his funny way of saying PByahr. Not as funny as Ty calling the Outback the Backlands, though. So really, Owen the Austrailieran was super cool and added another layer of icing on the weekend cake. Another bonus was seeing (and hearing) Kelson again. That is always a treat! It was nice to catch up with him in person. Same old story on the racing front. I did OK and Lisa Killed it. I wish I had the Cat 1 Womens short track recorded somehow. That was fun to watch and cool when The Don anounced "Lisa Krayer is going to lap almost the whole field" during the short track race on the PA system! I got a little of that when I was desprately trying to "drag my carcass" back to the front of the race. Which race you say? Well, both. After starting with and passing other WORS racers I usually don't mix it up with and the day of's for the first 2 laps on the 3rd lap of the CC race I was starting to get the guys who started front row. I salvaged a 5th overall out of 100 guys and called it pretty ok. Super D was just fun and BIG D won the son of a gun! Wow. Great job by the Team again all around. Next up is The Firecracker 50 in Breckenridge and then riding some bad ass mountain singletrack in Summit County. I can almost taste the Beau Jo's Pizza!!!! Pass the honey, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment