Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wrong again

I don't mind being wrong if I predict that it's gonna' rain and then it doesn't. There were a couple life sucking mud spots the way it was. A course full of that would not have been the joyous occasion this turned out to be.

The weekend started out with a trip to the Milwaukee Zoo with the girls. If we were better parents and had a video camera I'm sure we would've won the 100,000 grand from AFV with Kelsey's hula hoop perormance. She had the whole area just rolling with laughter. Then we pre rode ( yes we really did) the race course and headed back to Chateu' de Braun for food and accomodation. Thank you to the Braun's for putting us up and puttin up with us. The neighbors downstairs can't wait for us to come back I'm sure. Between Darrin and the girls the apartment below probably thought there was a ho down upstairs. The dance kind of ho down, of course. After gorging on food (thanks again for that) Sunday morning it was off to the races. Barry Wicks decided to show up for this one, too. Start was crazy with a dude hitting the barrell right beside me and Chris. I thought MFCP went down but about halfway into the lap he came around me and off we went. Blah blah race stuff blah blah we rode together and stuff. Another solid race for me with a 7th place, MFCP was 6th, Darrin was a solid 3rd. Nice work by the boys for sure. On the women's side, Lisa was rockin' for sure. Swapping the lead with Abby back and forth but Abby managed to pull out the winby a few seconds. Lisa's getting soooo close. Michelle got 11th overall and was taken out somewhere by some dude. All in all a good showing for 212.

Lots of cheering from the girls. Gotta like that. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Russel said I was "the cutest guy that passed him" during the race. I bet he says that to all the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment