Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Some good days

So for Fathers Day we took a family bike ride into Sauk City. Our newest bike purchase was a trail-a-bike for the girls. Well, Kylie for now anyway. What a trooper. We were out for 2 and a half hours and she had a pretty good time. The girls went swimming in the river while we dined on Cheetos and Triscuits. Then we got home and I caulked some more until my Fathers Day Dinner was ready. Ribs, sweet potatoes and strawberry pie! Hurts so good. It was a nice way to spend a day.
We eschewed the Tuesday Night Ride this week and headed for Devil's Head instead. Excellent choice for us. Farmer Brad spent a reported 5 hrs there doing trail work and it showed. It was in amazing shape and there was only 1 berry bush that got me the whole ride and we never had to dismount to get over a tree as he removed all of them as well. Thanks Brad!
Tonight I got to ride around Cottage Grove with Bryan. I saw some roads I hadn't seen since my younger days when I would roam that area looking for carp to shoot. Bowfishing used to be a big part of my summers before biking became the overwhelming focus of my "spare" time.
Mt. Morris is almost here. Then it's off to the Firecracker 50 in Breckenridge the next weekend. Time is flyin'!

2 comments:

  1. i'd love to see you with a Bow in hand, wearin nuthin but a leather vest

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, I love playing with caulk too

    ReplyDelete