Thursday, July 2, 2009

Filler

Yep. Didn't do much today. Tried to ride the alpine slide at Breck but the weather came in and they shut 'er down. A little shopping. A nap. TV. Then we went to this little bakery in town called Clint's, I think, and had a piece of chocolate cake. Started talking with the girls behind the counter and they are just getting into biking. Then they started trying to talk us into moving out here. It keeps getting harder to find reasons not to. Then I think of what it takes to actually move all the crap I own. Yeah, that's a deal breaker right there. That and they don't have a bar you can buy guns at in town.
On another note, I've been meaning to mention my experience with directions while riding trails out here. I've been on the receiving and giving side of them with about the same result. Everyone means well but most of the directions I've been given must make sense to who tells them, much as they do when I give them, but the end result is the same. Not getting where I(they) wanted to go. It's crazy. The bad part is that it's not like were in Wisconsin where a wrong turn may cost you 15 minutes or so out on the trail. Here it may cost you an hour or more of some serious suffering. The saving grace is as long as you can go downhill you'll eventually end up at or near Breck but it's still a little unnerving if a storm is brewing, or if the last drink of water was an hour ago.
Well, we get to see Babe the Sheep Pig tomorrow. Should be interesting. I think we get free bacon with paid admission.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried to follow your directions. They objectively suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are horrible at giving directions. On another note if you moved out there you could just leave your crap behind and get new stuff, it would stimulate the economy.

    ReplyDelete