Friday, July 10, 2009

Stage 5

The End. Another day of not having "it". This stage was a blast, though. The climbing was not too steep and the singletrack was a blast. With my lack of legs and Jerry's flat, we ended up 3rd on the day but still maintained our 2nd place overall for the race. This stage was a really great way to end the race. It almost made me want to ride my bike again someday.
So it's back to reality now and time to thank all the people that made this such a memorable event. Lisa was more than amazing at taking care of me and the girls all at the same time. Mark Meier for taking care of our bikes everyday and the emotional support. Kristi and Jess for cooking and support as well. GT Bikes for their support all year. Wildside for the food and last minute items before we left. Of course the rest of my family (My Dad, Jo, Niki and Bryan) for coming out to watch and cheer us on. Thanks to those of you who have read and supported with your comments throughout the race as well. Last and least would be to Jerry for doing this race with me. We had our shots and we had a blast. No regrets and a lot of memories, most of 'em good. Maybe next time we can get over this finishing 2nd hump and win something together.
We have the awards banquet tonight and they're giving away a bunch of stuff I won't win. I'll update with what people won.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job overall! Looking forward to seeing you guys sson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Overall and nice work on the updates. They were really interesting and gave a true look at the stages.

    ReplyDelete