Friday, July 17, 2009

More Filler

Well, this week wasn't as exciting as the last 2. Back to life as a Steamfitter in mountainless Wisconsin. I still haven't ridden my bike since the last stage of the Breck Epic. I did, however, manage to sleep. After 2 weeks of less than 4 hours of sleep each night it feels really nice to actually sleep. Last night I actually didn't feel like just laying around all night and got the bikes somewhat ready for the infamous Sunburst Showdown. It will be interesting to see how my legs respond to this wakeup call. Maybe they'll still be sleeping.
So they gave away some super cool stuff at the awards banquet and I ended up with some Ergon grips and backpack. I didn't win the Iodine wheels or Giro sunglasses or any Easton carbon bits. I did get the belt buckle reserved for finishers. It has BMF'er carved into the back of it. Dig it.
I still think of the stage that we went over French's Pass at least once a day. I really would like to do that again sometime. That was the best trail I've ridden and it topped my old best trail which had been Porcupine Rim Trail in Moab.

2 comments:

  1. Someday when I have time and money, you can show me all around CO. Untl then, please post a pic of the belt buckle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have forgotten how you almost died on French's Pass.

    ReplyDelete