Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's been too long

since I was mountain biking in Colorado. We got settled into the condo (which is AWESOME) and then I set out for a ride. Breck is kinda' tore up at the bottom but after about 10 minutes of riding around I found Gametrail. So I rode that up to the top and then continued climbing up to where the lift stops. Elevation was 11,200 feet. Nice. Took Pioneer trail down to Dwight's back to the bottom. So fun. I had the first tracks through the snow going up Gametrail, I couldn't believe it! I've had first tracks skiing or boarding before, but never on the mountain bike. I really need to get a camera. At the bottom I met up with some locals who took me on some trail that goes from Breck to Frisco. Rocky, rooty sweetness. The hardest part of this first week is going to be to not ride too much! Got back to find supper made and chocolate milk waiting for me. I'm not sure what I do to deserve such royal treatment from my lovely wife. She's amazing. So I gave her the lowdown on the trails and she headed out for her ride. I sent her up Dwights and down Gametrail. I hope she likes it as much as I did. The girls and I hit the hot tub and then we plopped down in front of the tube so far. They love it here, too. We may not come back. Gramma could use some more dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment