Sunday, June 28, 2009

Re-con

So I prerode the prologue today. It involved some climbing. Topped out at an advertised 11,800 ft. It was cold up there. Saw a few other folks out preriding, too. Holy crap. I'll be dreaming of that climb until the prologue is over. Dreams can be scary, right?
So when I got back down to the Firecracker course part of the prologue there were a whole bunch of people preriding that course. I ended up riding with some other folks for the next 3 hours. We were supposed to be riding the Firecracker course but ended up not on the course after French's Gulch. It was still a lot of fun. 2 of the guys are doing the duo for the Breck Epic as well so we chatted about that for a while. Jeff saved me and shared some water as I was all out. I guess 90 oz wasn't enough for me. We found a couple other lost souls and one of them had an IPhone. He had GPS on it and it showed him his exact location and which direction he was facing. Amazing. That saved us a lot of suffering. Another good day on the bike.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Breck, 'Sconnie! Did you bring the cheese curds? The Nueske Sausages? The Michael's Frozen Custard?

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but no. It was a whirlwind getting everybody packed up and on the road. I thought about it when we hit Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete